Welcome to Wollongong Conservatorium
Positive Change Through Music
Every year Wollongong Conservatorium of Music (WollCon) provides a scholarship and bursary assistance program to help enthusiastic, passionate and committed students with their music lesson fees. This assistance is possible due to support provided to WollCon by the University of Wollongong and the NSW Department of Education.
2022 Bursary Information
WollCon is able to offer a limited amount of bursaries to support students and participants who may may need financial assistance to meet the cost of WollCon’s fees. We are grateful to the NSW Department of Education who are a significant contributor to WollCon’s ability to offer bursaries.
Applications are now open for 2022 bursaries under the following terms and conditions:
2022 Eligibility & T&Cs
DO NOT REMOVE THIS ELEMENT!!!
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
2022 Bursary Application Terms and Conditions
- All applications will be reviewed and assessed by WollCon, and decisions will be at the discretion of WollCon.
- A bursary is available to cover a maximum of 50% of the cost of a single tuition program of study at WollCon, up to a maximum value of $800 per year.
- Students are eligible for bursary assistance if financial difficulty can be demonstrated. WollCon does not set a family income limit; as to do so would take no account of an individual family’s circumstances. It is up to the applicant to make a reasonable and appropriate case for financial support.
- The decision to award a bursary will be made based on the following criteria;
- Demonstrated financial need and,
- Demonstrated commitment to the music lesson or tuition (if the student is an existing WollCon student, references may be sought from the student’s teacher. If you are new to the Con you can provide an appropriate reference from another music teacher or school teacher).
- WollCon reserves the right to withdraw a bursary should the student’s commitment drop below the expected standard,
- Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. All applicants will receive written notice of the outcome of their application. All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into
- The initial round of bursary applications will be assessed after 28 November 2021. Following that, bursary applications will continue to be accepted throughout 2022.
So you've decided to join the WollCon community? We can't wait to make music with you. Let's make that happen!
Share this page