Welcome to Wollongong Conservatorium
Positive Change Through Music
WollCon believes in positive change through music for all and every year WollCon provides a bursary assistance program to help enthusiastic, passionate and committed enrolees with their music lesson fees.
Bursaries are offered to enrolees who require financial assistance in order to maintain their musical activities at WollCon.
We acknowledge the support of the NSW Department of Education in supporting our Bursaries program.
Any enrolee at WollCon may apply for a bursary. Enrolees may be currently enrolled at WollCon or a regular participant in our Schools Music Program.
The Bursary program is focused on supporting music activities at WollCon i.e., not to contribute toward fees charged by a Schools Music Program, even if that program is delivered by WollCon staff.
Bursaries are available to those who wish to make a case for financial support from WollCon in order that they may continue their studies at WollCon.
Bursaries are available throughout the year and there is no deadline for applications. The outcome of an application will be communicated to the applicant within a 10-day period, and prior to the forthcoming term to ensure timely enrolment.
Priority for support through a bursary will be given to those who are able to demonstrate income support.
To be considered for a bursary an application form must be completed (see apply below).
If an enrolee is offered a bursary, it will not normally exceed a 25% reduction in the enrolee’s WollCon fees. A bursary lasts until the end of the academic year in which it was awarded. Thereafter, the enrolee must reapply should they wish to request financial assistance for future years.
WollCon has a finite amount of money it can use towards bursaries. Therefore, if all the funds have been allocated, bursaries will not be available again until the following financial year.
Bursaries are offered at WollCon’s discretion and the decision of WollCon staff is final.
Eligibility & T&Cs
DO NOT REMOVE THIS ELEMENT!!!
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Bursary Application Terms and Conditions
- All applications will be reviewed and assessed by WollCon, and decisions will be at the discretion of WollCon.
- A bursary is available to cover a maximum of 25% of the cost of a single tuition program of study at WollCon.
- Students are eligible for bursary assistance if financial difficulty can be demonstrated. WollCon does not set a family income limit; as to do so would take no account of an individual family’s circumstances. It is up to the applicant to make a reasonable and appropriate case for financial support.
- The decision to award a bursary will be made based on the following criteria;
- Demonstrated financial need and,
- Demonstrated commitment to the music lesson or tuition (if the student is an existing WollCon student, references may be sought from the student’s teacher. If you are new to the Con you can provide an appropriate reference from another music teacher or school teacher).
- WollCon reserves the right to withdraw a bursary should the student’s commitment drop below the expected standard,
- Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. All applicants will receive written notice of the outcome of their application. All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
So you've decided to join the WollCon community? We can't wait to make music with you. Let's make that happen!
Share this page