Welcome to Wollongong Conservatorium
Positive Change Through Music
WollCon is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our teachers, staff, students, participants, clients, families, carers and visitors, so far as reasonably practicable. In relation to Covid-19, our goal is to minimise risk of transmission whilst enabling WollCon’s many music activities to go ahead in our buildings and surrounds.
However, we have a responsibility and regulatory requirement to manage the Covid risk in accordance with the NSW Public Health Orders as well as Work Health & Safety Legislation. We also have a degree of discretion to apply our own requirements to ensure the wellbeing of our entire community.
Please continue reading to understand the current WollCon Covid Requirements as they relate to attendance at WollCon. We will review these requirements on an on-going basis and provide updates, so please visit this page regularly. Your continued support and co-operation is welcomed. Please contact us at [email protected] if you require further information or clarification.
Effective 12 Jan 2023
WollCon has revised NSW Government Covid 19 rules, Safe work Australia Covid 19 information and guidelines and completed a risk assessment to determine Covid Safety Requirements for everyone attending the WollCon. The removal of mandatory isolation does not impact WollCon’s responsibilities to do all that is reasonably practicable to minimise the risks of COVID-19 at Gleniffer Brae. Our goal is to provide a safe, healthy, and well environment for students, families, staff, and visitors.
Requirements to participate in face-to-face activities at WollCon from 18 July 2022
The following conditions of entry to WollCon buildings apply to all staff, students, families, contractors and visitors. Please DO NOT attend face-to-face activities if you:
- Have tested positive to Covid- 19 and are still infectious.
- Are waiting on Covid-19 test results.
- Are feeling unwell.
If an individual presents for a lesson/rehearsal and meets any of the above criteria, they maybe refused entry and asked to leave the premises immediately.
PARTICIPATION IN ‘ON-LINE’ ACTIVITIES AT WOLLCON
- On-line lessons can be arranged to maintain continuity during times when an enrolee is, waiting Covid-19 test results, Covid-19 positive or because they feel more comfortable learning on-line at the present time.
- If you are unwell, there is no expectation to attend an ‘on-line’ activity. The normal procedures for lesson make-ups/credits will be applicable.
Our preference is for staff, teachers, students, clients, and participants 15 years to be fully vaccinated.
Wearing face masks is no longer mandatory, however we encourage everyone to wear a mask in-doors when rehearsing in large ensembles, when 2 or more people are working in a small area, and if the room has poor ventilation.
For more information about face masks, please see the NSW Health website
GENERAL HYGIENE REQUIREMENTS
- Students, parents, teachers, and staff are to wash/sanitise hands regularly and particularly before entering rooms. Hand sanitiser is provided in each room
- All equipment is to be wiped down at the end of each session with the cleaning materials provided in each room.
- Anyone attending WollCon should bring their own drink bottles/refreshments and should not share food and drink.
WOLLCON REQUEST FOR STAFF & STUDENTS WHO TEST COVID-19 POSITIVE
- To notify WollCon Admin team if you were attending face-to-face activities at WollCon two days prior to your symptoms occurring or testing positive.
- Stay home until your acute symptoms have gone.
- Not return to face-to-face lessons/rehearsals for 5 days from test positive date.
- In the situation an individual is absent due to Covid-19 it will be classified as ‘sick leave,’ and standard procedures for credits and make-up lessons will occur for students.
Where an individual has tested positive for COVID and has been present at WollCon, WollCon will implement the procedures outlined in the COVID safety Plan. This will manage and mitigate potential risk at the Conservatorium.
If necessary musical activities will be delivered on-line at the normal scheduled time to maintain continuity of learning/participation.
NEXT REVIEW OF WOLLCON COVID SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
At the completion of Term 2, 2023.
Whilst WollCon can outline its requirements, it is everyone’s responsibility to follow them and to ensure the health and wellbeing of our diverse community.
Thank you for your support and co-operation.
David Francis (CEO) and the entire WollCon Team.
So you've decided to join the WollCon community? We can't wait to make music with you. Let's make that happen!
Share this page