Welcome to Wollongong Conservatorium
Positive Change Through Music

Enrolment FAQs

Enrolling with WollCon couldn’t be easier.

Scroll through our Frequently Asked Questions, but if you have any lingering questions, we welcome contact via phone or email… or just drop by the office!

Our Frequently Asked Questions


Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.

How do I apply?

Complete an application form, or alternatively fill in a paper form available from the office. Your application will be acknowledged within 5 working days and you will be given further information on its progress.

PLEASE NOTE: lodging an application does not guarantee a place in the requested program.

Who am I applying to?

You are applying to the Wollongong Conservatorium of Music Ltd, a not-for-profit organisation funded by the NSW Government to provide quality music education in the Illawarra.

When is my application confirmed?

Once your application to a class or ensemble is approved, or a particular lesson arrangement is agreed by both you and a teacher, we will send you an email confirming your enrolment, along with an invoice. Any change or cancellation must be in line with Terms & Conditions of Enrolment.

How long do I stay enrolled?

Your enrolment will roll over each term until you give notice of withdrawal.

How long is a term?

A term comprises 9 lessons over a 10-week period. We have four terms a year and while our terms align closely with school terms, they do not always match when school terms are not 10 weeks. Visit term dates for our annual calendar.

When do I pay?

All fees are due before your first lesson each term and lessons cannot commence until payment is made. Payment plans are available if required, but an initial payment must be made before lessons can start.

What if a lesson is missed?

Do I get a refund? Refunds are not given for student absences other than in exceptional circumstances. We provide you with nine lessons per term (unless your lessons commence after the start of term). If a teacher does not provide all the lessons that you enrolled for in a term, then we will either credit you for the next term or provide a refund.

I want to cancel or defer my enrolment, what should I do?

Notify us in writing to the Enrolments Officer. We will consider you enrolled until we hear differently from you. To avoid being charged for a term, you must notify our Enrolments Officer no later than one week before the start of the relevant term if you are withdrawing or deferring your enrolment.

What’s the difference between withdrawing and deferring?

Withdrawing from a program cancels the enrolment, deferring merely puts it on hold for a specified period, but keeps your place in the program. However, deferring does not guarantee that you can retain the same time or day when you return to the program. If you wish to recommence classes after withdrawing, your application is treated like a new enrolment.

I want to make a change to my enrolment, who do I contact?

Any enquiries regarding enrolments, fees, refunds etc. are to be directed through the WollCon office. Teachers are not authorised to negotiate fee adjustments, refunds or changes to enrolments.

Why is there an administration fee?

The admin fee is to cover some of the costs associated with the many aspects of administering an enrolment for the year. This fee, however, is only payable once each calendar year and only one fee is payable per family, irrespective of multiple classes, ensembles and/or enrolments.


So you've decided to join the WollCon community? We can't wait to make music with you. Let's make that happen!

for You?